Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Carrot kara poriyal

My Dh kept asking me to make this carrot kara poriyal that my MIL makes,So when I saw the JFI for this month I thought i'll post this recipe.
Ingredients:
4 Nos Carrot
2 Tbsp Coconut
1/2 Tsp Fennel seeds
2 Cloves Garlic
4 Nos Dry Red Chilly
1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
1 Sprig Curry Leaves
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
1 Tsp Urad Dal
Salt to taste.
Method:
Peel the carrot and cut it into thin rounds and set aside.
Grind, turmeric, garlic, coconut,fennel seeds, and red chillies to a smooth paste and set aside.
Heat oil in a kadai and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
When the mustard seeds pop add the curry leaf, cut carrots and sautee for a minute.
Add salt and the ground paste.
Cover and cook the carrots , till the masala smell leaves and the carrots are tender.
Add water little by little as required.
Serve hot. This Poriyal is a great side dish with any rice dish.

No comments:

You might also like :

Blog Widget by LinkWithin