Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Masala moor (Masala Butter milk)

This Masala moor is made as an accompaniment to rice. I usually make this when Iwant a quick and a delicious meal. When I saw this recipe in a magazine ,I was curious .WhenI made it at home it was a huge hit with my family.
Ingredients:
11/2 cup Thick buttermilk
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Toor dal
1 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
2 Dry red chilly
1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp Oil
Salt to taste.
Method:
Heat oil in a pan and roast toor dal,pepper,red chilly, cumin and fenugreek seeds and let it cool and gring to a fine powder.
Add salt,turmeric powder and the ground powder to the buttermilk and whisk gently till all the ingredients are mixed.
Serve with steamed rice.

1 comment:

Usha said...

This masala moar sounds delightful, I have never used ingredients like tur dhal to spice up my buttermilk...great idea :-)
First time here you have a wonderful blog with some great recipes :-)

You might also like :

Blog Widget by LinkWithin