Friday, July 31, 2009

Paal Kolukattai

This is one of my favorite sweet dishes.As a kid I always pestered my mom to make this for me.
No since this is also my DH's favorite, we make it frequently.This is also a fun activity for kids to roll the dough into fun shapes.
Ingredients:
1 cup Rice flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp milk
1/2 cup Grated coconut
1/2 tbsp Cardamom powder
Water as required
Sugar to taste.
Method:
Heat 11/2 cup of water, until it is almost boiling.
Add the water to the rice flour , add salt and mix to a dough.(add water gradually)
Roll the dough into small shapes and set aside.
Pour some water in a vessel along with the milk and bring to a boil.
Now add the rolled shapes in to the water and let it cook till the dough is fully cooked.(cooking time depends on the shape.( cook different shapes in different batches.)
When the dough is fully cooked, strain and add to a bowl.
Add cardamom powder, sugar and grated coconut to the boiled kolukattai and mix well.
Serve hot or cold.
I'm sending this to Let's Go Nuts hosted by Seduce your taste buds.

No comments:

You might also like :

Blog Widget by LinkWithin